Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Do it big,Do it Right and Give it Class !

I've told you guys time and time before that I Love the Old performers.The stars of the golden age.I grew up watching them on PBS and Turner Classic Movies.I loved them. To this day i sit and watch hours of classic movies most of them from MGM.They Had such Spirit and Talent.I learned recently that all the actors ,dancers and singers on The MGM lot lived by a motto,"Do it right ,Do it big and Give it class!".Since I heard that I try to live that way and if ever I need inspiration for a dance or even a song I turn to " Youtube" (lol) and watch all the greats.

Gwen Verdon,Anne Miller,Cyd Charisse,Chita Rivera,The Nicholas Brothers,Fred Astaire,Frank Sinatra,Marlon Brando,Gene Kelly,Shirley maclaine etc.
The women taught me to have class ,Sass and to never lose my innate femininity.
The guys Taught me the unconventional tricks in movement.
I'd like to share a few of my fav's
So from me to you
Lots-o-love
JaZze
Sweet charity
Chita Rivera,Paula Kelly and Shirley Maclaine


Small Town Girl
Anne Miller

Damn Yankees
Gwen Verdon

Cabaret
Liza Minelli




Singing In the Rain
Cyd Charisse & Gene Kelly

No comments: