Thursday, December 18, 2008

The other day
I woke early in the morning
Well,Earlier than usual
And I surfed through a few channels before entering the numbers to the channel that I live for.
"The Big Knife" starring Jack Palance was on and I sat and watched.Scandal after Scandal unraveled over the course of 2 hours.
I'd never seen this film and by the time the credits were rolling and the movie was over I was incredibly happy that I'd gotten to see it.
It's an amazing film an I recommend it to anyone,anyone who enjoys black and whites or older films.
The film was released in 1955 and direct by Robert Aldrich from a screen play by James Poe and the screenplay was actually based on a play by Clifford Odets.



I went to see the secret life of bee's and there was mention of Jack Palance.
He'd been seen around with a black women.
I read the truth in this article
"The Ugliness. In Tuscaloosa, Ala., one of the most bizarre incidents took place—indicating, if nothing else, how civil rights tensions may lead to ugly misunderstandings. Actor Jack Palance, his wife Virginia, and their three children, in Tuscaloosa to visit relatives, had a narrow escape from a mob when they went to a movie. Earlier in the day, Palance had signed autographs for both whites and blacks. When he and his family entered the newly desegregated Druid Theater, a rumor spread that a Negro woman had accompanied them. As it turned out, there were no Negroes in the theater at the time, but a crowd of nearly 1,000 whites gathered, pelted the cashier's cage and the marquee with rocks and bottles, shattered the windows and slashed the tires on Palance's rented car. Local cops took the Palances to the police station for protection."
-TIME
It's crazy the day before I'd just watched him in "The Big Knife."
I did research on him it seemed like someone was trying to tell me something.
Maybe I had to learn something from him.
He was a boxer in the late 1930's and 15 fights with 12 of them being Knock outs.
He then got out of boxing and entered The United States Army Airforces.
His face was disfigured after having to bailout of a B-24 liberator bomber in training.
He got an extensive amount of Reconstructive surgery and plastic surgery and was discharged in 1944.He became known for his interesting features and managed to have an excellent career.
so far I haven't learned anything of relevance to my life or artistry right now but who knows ,maybe soon.

Lots-o-love
JaZze

No comments: