Monday, September 29, 2008

Nostalgia

Alright
For those who don't already know I'm starting my own dance/theater company for the girls in my neighborhood and that's pretty big for me so I wanted to make sure everything was perfect. I spent hours on the computer typing up Registration forms ,Mission statements,Rules and Curriculum information ,I've even started a blog for it.
It's gotta be perfect.
I wanted to get photo's taken of me for my portfolio and to put on the blog so that people can have an idea of not only what I look like but my skill level.I sat around thinking about who to call.I met tons of photographers at all the concerts and events I attended over the summer but i just couldn't figure out who to call.So I started looking on my Myspace and facebook social networks and came across a good old friends page.Her and I had been extremely close while I lived in Hackensack. In elementary school we were like inseparable but when we got to middle school in sixth grade it all feel apart. I don't know I think it was the hormones(lol) but our whole crew was just in shambles! We all hated each other secretly and we couldn't trust each other any more.I know I personally was feeling stressed because I was moving that year and I didn't want to go and that made me moody and introverted,but we all eventually became friends again and now were all cool.
Back to the my home girl.
She's going to FIT as a photography major and she has some amazing photos, she's really good.I sent her a message asking her if she'd photograph me and she said yes! So of course now I'm ecstatic because thats one less thing I have to stress about during this next week. On top of all of that she's a friend so its more personal you know.
I've been dying to see her again to just hang out and talk , I know we've changed a lot and I'm curious.I often look through my old bud's photo albums just to check up on them. Seeing all the pics they have with friends and at prom ,I always think about how it would've been had I stayed or even just stayed in touch on some shit were we hung out form time to time.
I miss them
One fond memory I often revisit is one of a play we all did together ,ENCORES 2.It was great fun and I use to have tapes but i don't know where they are! we've moved so much since then and stuff just gets lost.
I always wonder if they think about me like I think of them.
If they watch the videos or look at my photos from time to time and think
" Wow we were so cool" or something like that(lol).
It nags at me and I always just want to ask but I have this fantasy of it being at like a get together so we could all just be together talking and laughing down memory lane.
Maybe one day soon but for now I'm just excited to be seeing Christy again.
Until next time
Lots-o-love
JaZze

P.s
Do you guys have these moments?


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hahaha girl i still have all our old pics from hillers and middle school from the little time you were there... think about that shit all the time. Those were the days... especially when i watch THE CRAFT omg we were a mess!