Tuesday, July 8, 2008

The BET Awards






Ok Now Look. I'm very supportive of my people but I couldn't help but to be embarrassed watching the BET Awards Pre show. The ridiculous Humpty Dumpty music that was being performed became unbearable and is it me or did everybody forget how to dress when going to an award show?????? I mean these are the same people that when they go to the mtv awards pull out all the stops! What the fuck was going on that night. Pretty Ricky looked like there suits were made of the cheapest of fabrics in bright gold none the less. The dude that sings "Get Silly" got the most laffs of the night. My friends and I couldn't help but to think that we were watching a Modern day Menstral SHOW! It got to a point were I was wishing that nobody white was watching the show,Really that nobody was watching it period. A few other embarrassing things about the show included Keisha Cole's mother Dropping it like it was hot in her Gown! and then throwing her ass up on the young men of Pretty Ricky.C'mon Your On Live TV At an Awards show in a gown and you are the mother of 4 time nominated R&B Songstress Keisha Cole. I was so embarrassed for her! I know that if I watched the show afterwards and saw my mother acting like that I'd be pissed! But moving right along to a little later after Keisha Cole's mother dropped it like it was hot. The CEO of BET came up on stage to speak and got NO respect from the people on the stage with her. She cut it short and kept it moving but I know she was mad. Long story short it was straight buffoonery Before long the bet awards is going to be like the SoulTrain awards with NO ONE in attendance. Because the performances are getting less and less thought out and Less entertaining .All the music sounds alike there is absolutely no variety in black music anymore and ain't nobody talking bout shit worth hearing! OOOOHHH MY GOD!! I almost forgot about T-PAIN!!!!! He Had this top hat on made with some crazy black and silver metallic printed fabric and a suit to match! He sang "Ring Leader Man"...or something and the performance was so bad. He had people dressed in white lion and unicorn costumes and girls with .. get this... Apple Bottom Booty shorts and blond Afro's ... on stilts popping that ass for the world to see. NO SHAME... It was so bad That was another point that was extremely embarrassed for us because these are the people with the loudest voice right now and they don't realize that they represent us to the rest of the world! I'm not saying that you can't write a few party songs here and there but at what point and time do you start things about the over all integrity of your music? Do your songs have the potential to be classics? You talk about how fucked up it was growing up in your hood but you only sing about how fly you are? Tell me whats going on where you from. I'm not talking about how many dudes are out there selling drugs because they can't get a job because they dropped out of school.Let me know the crazy shit that will open up my eyes .Cuz you gotta think about it. Most of these " artists" are from the south , you know it's crazy for a black man down there. You KNOW! So let me know! Blow the whistle on they asses! lol Lots-o-love JAZze

No comments: